Search Engine Optimization: 5 Issues Business Owners Face
Over the last 2 years I’ve seen aÂ significant increase of clients who are business owners or marketing managers turning to the web to gain attain online market share and an overall online presence in an attempt to remain competitive and tap into the vast opportunities the web has to offer their business.
Search engine optimization (SEO)Â is a fundamental for those who strive execute a successfull online marketing strategy. And while many of these people are split between learning the trade themselves, soon realize the need to outsource the skillset for their business. It just makes sense with the time, resources and knowledge involved in a solid search marketing micro and macro strategy (organic and paid).
However, those business owners who are new to the game, tend to face five issues. While these are not conclusive, they do shed some of the more common problems I see with clients and marketing managers today.
- Understanding the language of search engine optimization.Â Ref â€œA Complete Glossary of Essential SEO Jargonâ€.
- Understanding the concept of search engine optimization, the necessity for an ethical strategyÂ and how it can benefit the growth of their business.
- Results: You wouldn’t hire your neighbours kid to design your company brochure and write your speach for Ad copy for your TV or radio spot, or a junior who took one business law class to represent your court case, so why would you do the same for capitalizing your market in the online marketplace? The goal is getting listed,Â as high up in search results pages (SERPS) and saturation of resultsÂ on the major keywords of your business to maximize click rates / traffic and market shareÂ saturation.
- Time: In todays business economy outsouring to specialists and experts is crucial to the success of a business….time is money and so are results.
- Letting go. Many business owners have such a hard stake in their business, they try to handle all parts of their business themselves. Decentralize your work habits and efforts and empower the right people for the right job, leaving the business owner more time to focus on the operations or strategy of the business.
Though as a business owner who may outsource or collaborate with a search marketing specialist or agency, should have a very basic understanding of the search engine terminology. And with that, an understanding of how search engine optimization can help the business to flourish.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!